Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Email Messages From David Hatch-Bernier, Elaine's Son


From: David Hatch-Bernier
date Nov 25, 2007 7:35 AM
subject Elaine
mailed-by charter.net

hide details Nov 25 (3 days ago)

Good Morning:

I just wanted to give you an update on my mother. My sister and I went to visit her in Danbury yesterday. She is doing relatively well and appreciates all we (you) are doing to help her. The thing that upsets her the most is when Ed tells her about how badly things are for him. I wish he wouldn't do that. There is nothing she can do to help, and it only serves to upset her.

Her hand is being treated- somewhat- but she is otherwise in good health. She is obviously not being mistreated and has plenty of food and clean clothing. Even in prison, she is helping others. There are a couple of girls there with no friends or family to put money into their commissary accounts, so my mother has them do her laundry and she buys them what they need (toothpaste, soap, etc) at the commissary. She makes things like toothbrushes and razors last much longer so she can afford to do that.

---------snip----------

She may also be able to communicate via email shortly, and has already been in touch with my sister electronically. She is in the process of adding my name to her email list, so as soon as that is established, it will be a breeze communicating with her. Even if you are not able to establish contact with her electronically, I could always forward messages on your behalf.

Thanks again for everything, and let me know if there is anything else I can do. I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

-David

Editor's Note: Here's a digital copy of part of David's email as sent to freeedandelaine@gmail.com

Click image to enlarge


This second message was received by email on 11/16 and, regretfully, we didn't access this email account to retrieve it until today, 11/27

Dear [We The People]:

My sister spoke with my mother today on the telephone. My sister had been calling the prison to speak with my mother's councilor about her broken hand. After leaving four unanswered messages, she called and asked to speak to the councilor's supervisor. I guess those idiots misunderstood and thought my sister was trying to get Elaine on the phone. Anyway, long story short, mother is doing well and her hand
has been taken care of. She seemed well, except she broke down when my sister asked her about Ed.

We also found out that we can go and visit anytime. When I called the day after my mother was arrested, I was told my someone at the facility that we had to wait for a form to come, and then wait again for clearance before being allowed to visit. Those morons knew all along I was her son when I called, but it turns out immediate family
does not need prior clearance.

I am ready to start circulated the petition with over 1700 signatures, so if you have any suggestions of who at the Federal Courthouse I could send copies to, that would be a great help. Also, if there's anything I can do to help you on your end, please let me know. I still feel like there is more I should or could be doing.

I hope you and your family have a nice holiday, and I hope to talk to you again soon.

Thanks,

[David]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

SITEMETER