Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Discussing Ron Paul and The Debates on RBN With Ed and Elaine



Hail Ron Paul and Mike Gravel
David R. Henderson

"I saw Ron Paul last week in the Republican debates. He was good, but everybody else ignores what he says." This is from an e-mail I received from an economist friend who is a liberal Democrat. I responded, "Everybody except the viewers. He won the poll afterward, getting 43 percent. MSNBC reported it and then dropped it down the memory hole. I sent him a grand."

One thing you need to know about me is that I'm a skinflint. So for me to send $1,000 to Ron Paul for President is a big deal. Why did I do it? Because Ron Paul stood there with the other nine candidates at the Reagan Library "debate" and calmly, yet forcefully, defended the Constitution (which is the only thing the president swears to defend when he takes the oath); criticized having gone to war with Iraq (and backed it up by pointing to his "No" vote in 2002); called for a substantial tax cut (pointing out that the only way to get such a cut is to roll back the federal government in the lives of both Americans and foreigners); and ended with an impassioned plea to get habeas corpus back. Not bad for a guy who got less than his one tenth of the time allotted. Click here for more.

Copyright © 2007 by David R. Henderson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

SITEMETER