Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Debate Reaction

Good god, is that man brave. And he will reap the benefits of it.

I don't have Dr. Paul's courage; when he started talking tonight about the consequences of America's interventionist foreign policy, when he asked how we might react if a foreign country built bases on our soil, when he mentioned blowback--I started to fear for him. I thought for a moment, "well, maybe that's that." The crowd reaction was pretty rough. But I was wrong, and I believe in him now more than ever.

Right away, he took the lead in Fox News' own text message poll. (Texting, I suppose, was supposed to weed out those pesky Paul supporters.) Then I started reading comments on Politico, the New York Times, and the Washington Post. It's everywhere.

As of midnight, Ron Paul had slipped to second in the Fox poll, with 26% to Romney's 27%, and who knows if/when the results will actually appear. But even at second, that's an overwhelming victory. Dr. Paul went into the lion's den here, he took a horrid beating from Fox, and the official line isn't fooling anyone. He won. And we know it.

Read more here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Haley said...

Good observations.

Paul has guts and integrity. Most importantly, he abides by the Constitution.

http://individualsovereignty.blogspot.com/

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

SITEMETER