Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Chuck Conces Incarceration

Chuck Conces will be provided the forms for filing an appeal. The “order” that was used to incarcerate Chuck Conces will be appealed possibly sometime today. According to Chuck’s wife, he will be given the necessary form/s in order to formally appeal his incarceration. I got the call from Mary Conces informing me of the news.

Chuck’s wife, provided the details of Chuck’s status. “Chuck is in good spirits”. Apparently Chuck Conces will make a formal appeal of the order used to “remand”. I assume the appeal will be to the 6th circuit. Mary relayed that Chuck is very hopeful that he will be released pending the appeal, once it is formally filed.

If for some reason he is kept in past this weekend, Chuck has put me on his list of visitors. I will be able to give everyone a first person update at that time. Hopefully the Lawman will be out and give us all the details I’m not able to provide.

On the Ed and Elaine show last Tuesday, Fred Smart mentioned that someone left a comment on the blog concerning oaths. The individual alluded that an oath requirement can somehow be satisfied at the swearing in ceremony. I am attaching the law in Title 28 dealing with a judge’s oath. I guess some of these snoops believe we all just fell off the turnip truck. Nice try….

TITLE 28--JUDICIARY AND JUDICIAL PROCEDURE

PART I--ORGANIZATION OF COURTS

CHAPTER 21--GENERAL PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO COURTS AND JUDGES

Sec. 453. Oaths of justices and judges

Each justice or judge of the United States shall take the following oath or affirmation before performing the duties of his office: ``I, ___ ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as ___ under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.''

(June 25, 1948, ch. 646, 62 Stat. 907; Pub. L. 101-650, title IV, Sec. 404, Dec. 1, 1990, 104 Stat. 5124.)

Bill Price

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

SITEMETER