Why Many Are Dropping PayPal
Shaun @ Start The Revolution email@example.com writes:
I do not know where to begin with all of this so I will just lay out the
basic facts as they are being reported to me:
1. The state of New Hampshire ballot appeared to have been tampered with.
2. The people of America (and about half of the world too!) pulled
together to sign a petition and have their voice heard, across the
aisle, in an effort that has seen both Democrats and Republicans
call for a recount of the ballots for the state of New Hampshire.
3. The Secretary of State placed a January 15th @ 3:00 PM EST
deadline for the $55,600 to be handed over to cover the cost of
4. The money was raised by, again, people from all walks of life who
simply wanted to see that every vote was counted.
5. At the very last moment, PayPal froze the Granny Warriors account
and refused to release the funds whilst they "investigated" a
"suspicious" $1000 donation.
6. The money could not be handed over and thus, at this point in
time, it appears that the recount will NOT take place.
So, the following is what we are meant to believe:
1. PayPal have clearly not been paying ANY attention to what has been
happening during this campaign and thus have no idea how quickly
and in what amounts the Ron Paul Revolution is able to raise funds.
2. PayPal were clearly unaware that Ron Paul supporters were in the
majority of those donating to this effort and would likely break
the target REGARDLESS of what last minute donations were required.
3. PayPal were so unlucky during the four days that this appeal ran
that they managed to:
1. Crash the original ChipIn at least 3 times making it
impossible during this time to donate any money at all.
2. Destroy the original ChipIn altogether after around $40,000
had been donated requiring the Granny Warriors to start a
new ChipIn for the remaining monies.
3. Crash the new ChipIn for about 2 hours on and off on the
final fundraising date.
4. Stop the recount by denying that all and any funds received
are now frozen (note: NOT just the $1000 which, by this
point, was no longer needed as we were over the top by then)
pending an investigation into where a perfectly decent sized
donation came from.
4. The Secretary of State is unable to stretch the deadline or accept
that said funds exist regardless of the amount of documented
evidence placed on his desk.
5. This entirely calamitous and accidental chain of events was, at no
point whatsoever, manipulated by anybody to ensure that this
recount never took place.
I am sorry but I do not believe for one second that 1 through 4 could
possibly have happened without 5 being false. I never will either.
This is democracy being stolen, right in front of our eyes and we are
watching it, some in disbelief, some in denial, all in bond. America
has been stolen and the vote with it. I do not know what comes next.
What new horrors? What new wars? What new laws? I fear for the future
Labels: PayPal Bad