Wednesday, January 17, 2007

This Morning's Concord Monitor Article


Wife makes a deal; husband digs in

By Kate Davidson and Margot Sanger-Katz
Monitor staff
January 17. 2007 8:00AM

JENNIFER HAUCK Valley News
Ed Brown, barricaded in his Plainfield home, gives a radio interview yesterday. He said he’s preparing for an armed standoff with U.S. Marshals. “I don’t fear death,” he said.
Zoom

While her husband barricaded himself in their Plainfield home for the fourth day in a row, Elaine Brown returned to federal court yesterday, accepted the help of a lawyer and appeared close to reaching a plea deal in her tax evasion case.

Judge Steven McAuliffe agreed to postpone the couple's trial for another day to allow prosecutors to calculate how much they expect Elaine Brown to pay in back taxes and penalties, including a prison term, as part of the deal. According to her lawyer, Brown and the government have agreed on the "substance and extent" of her criminal liability. Click here for more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have taken a plea before. It is the worst dirtiest feeling there is, letting them have their way with you. Knowing that if you take this deal, you'll be done with your case. You will have lost but more than likely youll get a better punishment than you would if you take the case to trial and lose.

I commend Ed for standing his ground. I have been following this story for along time 2.5 years. I had a informal meeting with Ed one day at his office four years ago. I stopped by to ask My Local U.S. Constitution Ranger (Ed. Brown.) how we could arrest the president for all the unconstitutional acts that the president has committed. When Elaines office got Raided I drove right thru the police line got out of my car and told Ed that I was there to support him. He said thanks I am doing well and that I should leave. Regardless I feel very close to everything that is going on.

Much Respect to you Ed. I hope you beat em peacefuly.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

SITEMETER