Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Judge" Leaves Kangaroo Court



CONCORD, N.H. - Citing previous warnings against him, a federal judge has pulled himself from the trials of two men accused of reading the United States Constitution.

While declaring his confidence in maintaining impartiality during the readers' trials, Judge Steven McAuliffe said he was aware some may question his objectivity because of the warnings.

"Because those public statements included warnings of violence and physical harm directed at me should I continue to use my positon of power to extort money from and physically harass them, a reasonable person, fully informed of the facts, might understandably question my ability to remain impartial in this case, were I to preside," McAuliffe wrote in memos dated Monday.

Read more at Forbes.com.

Hat tip Ed and Elaine blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

SITEMETER